The Kano State Fire Service has established that 18 rooms and eight toilets razed in Wednesday night fire at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kano.
Alhaji Saidu Muhammed, Public Relations Officer of the Service, confirmed the incident in an interview with Newsmen, on Thursday in Kano. He said that the Service received a distressed call from one Ibrahim Bashir of fire outbreak at a students’ hostel in the school.
He said the fire started at about 6:37 p.m. gutted upper floor of the building destroying 18 rooms and eight toilets. The spokesman said that a team of fire fighters were deployed to the scene who extinguished the fire, nothing that there were no casualties in the incident.
Muhammad, urged residents to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers at home to curtail fire incident. He added that the cause of the still on investigation.